Monday, May 5, 2014

Thing #19 - Beyond Facebook: Other Social Networks

The best uses of social networking are keeping up with peers, developing professionally, joining interest groups, relaying messages to students, and being available for contact almost 24/7. I'm not a member of any online communities, period (aside from my made-up Twitter account). However, having done a little bit of research on the benefits of social networks for teachers, I think I will start to use Twitter and LinkedIn. Twitter will help me communicate with others in my academic community and LinkedIn will help me develop my professional portfolio and network. Additionally, I liked the idea of joining a book network, such as Shelfari or GoodReads, because I like to read a lot of fiction novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment