Monday, May 5, 2014

Thing #18 - Exploring Social Networking

I created a twitter page with the username of BorderCollieLover because I love that breed of dog and I wanted to remain anonymous. I use to have a twitter account but I deactivated it about a year ago because I never used it. I feel like having a classroom would be a good opportunity for me to bring twitter back into my life. Teachers need to understand social networking so they can better understand their audience (students) and enjoy their personal lives. I never really got into the whole hashtag frenzy, but now I see why it's so popular. It's like a shortcut to finding the feeds that are relevant to you. I liked the vast amount of information I was exposed to upon my hashtag search, but I didn't like some of the jargon that came along with it. As a teacher I could have a twitter feed that updates students on school news and assignments for my class. By having my own account I could tweet at the school's homepage as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment