Sunday, May 4, 2014

Thing #14 - Mapping My Mind and Figuring Out the Flow

For the flowchart application I chose www.gliffy.com because it was the most user friendly of the two (I didn't have to wait up to a day for permission to use it). I might use this tool to create graphic organizers that help my students better understand biological concepts. Additionally, this application would be especially useful for having students create food webs or energy diagrams in class.

For the mind map activity I used www.mindmeister.com because the thumbnail for it looked like a brain, and for some reason that resonates with me. Anyway, I would use Mind Meister for my personal use as a to-do list. My brain kind of goes in all different directions sometimes so I thought this application would be fitting. Within my classroom students could use this tool to brainstorm and organize their ideas. This would benefit the students in their writing as well as in problem solving scenarios.

No comments:

Post a Comment