Monday, March 3, 2014

Thing #7 - Exploring Flickr

Flickr is a very interesting site. I didn't sign up for Flickr because I don't plan on making any albums myself, however, I do see how this site could be useful for sharing photos with friends, family, students, and parents. As I explored Flickr I noticed there are pictures on just about any topic you could ever want to talk about with students. In this way, teachers can use Flickr as a platform for discussion. Flickr is a great visual resource for students and teachers alike.

This is the photo (found below) I selected from Flickr. I typed in Clarksville and this photograph popped up. I really liked this photo because it caught nature in the act. I'm a pretty big fan of mother earth (being a science teacher candidate) and so I like photographs that reflect her power and beauty. The photograph was taken by Thanh Lay.


No comments:

Post a Comment