Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Thing #6 - Web 2.0 Tools

I selected Kickresume as my site/tool from the list of Go2Web2.0 tools. This website helps users create an original CV that will help them land that dream job.  I really liked the layout of this website, it was easy to read and navigate. I really appreciated the "contact us" section where they genuinely explain their ideas and goals for the website. They also readily accept criticism and ideas from their users to enhance the site; now that is a sign of a good business. I also liked that they linked their site to facebook. This makes creating a profile easier and it's a way of showing your friends a cool resource you found. The only drawback to the site that I found was it is currently running in BETA version, which I guess, from what I gathered, is a slower platform with a few hiccups.

Kickresume.com is a simple website but one of the cool features is that you can save your CV on the site and come back and edit it whenever you need to. You can also save your original CV as a PDF file to your personal computer.

Kickresume could truly benefit students in high school who will soon be going out into the "real world" and looking for jobs. Integrating Kickresume into business class curriculum would be easy. However, it could also be added to any upper level ELA class as a business writing assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment