Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Thing #11 - Finding Good Feeds

All of the methods for finding feeds were relatively easy to navigate, but if I had to choose I would use the Google Blog search. It's as easy as typing in your topic of interest in the toolbar and clicking search. Immediately, a list of the premier blogs related to your search pop up. I also liked using blog search engine because it had thumbnails next to the different blogs. Technorati was easily the most confusing. First, you had to choose between a post or blog search. Secondly, the blogs weren't an any particular order of importance or popularity from what I could see. Lastly, half of the links I clicked on for blogs I wanted to visit didn't even work.

I found a few useful feeds. One such feed was about high school girls soccer in TN. I was particularly interested in this feed because I coach high school girls soccer. Another feed I decided to follow was regarding eating a completely raw diet. I thought this blog was very interesting and unique. I found it was very hard to eat a completely raw diet but the author found marvelous benefits from the change in lifestyle.

One method I found for finding newsfeeds was to look at what other bloggers were using. To add to my newsfeed I would simply just look for the universal orange icon or subscription logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment