Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Thing #1 - Life Long Learner

The lifelong learning habit that is hardest for me is to "begin with the end in mind".  Truth be told, my mom always says I like to fly by the seat of my pants.  Obviously, I'm not a very effective planner (never have been) and I know that is something I'm going to have to really work on in order to reach my full potential as a teacher.  I need to practice making goals, both short term and long term, and finding the means to reach those goals in a structured manner.  I know I have great ideas and aspirations, but they would probably come to fruition much quicker with a little bit of foresight.

The easiest lifelong learning habit for me is to "play".  Matter of fact, I'm probably too good at this habit.  Now don't get me wrong, I am a hard worker.  However, it's not hard for me to unwind and relax a bit.  I love kids, which clearly bodes well for my career path, and I think the reason I get along with kids so well is the fact that I can still be one.  I am an adult with all the responsibilities of an adult but I still have that playful sense of a child.  In fact, my intuitive, child-like nature is mostly to blame for what drives my lifelong learning.

This first post went rather smoothly.  I haven't ever blogged before so this is all new to me, but I'm pretty apt when it comes to technology so I haven't really had any trouble so far.  I look forward to using Web 2.0 tools and seeing how they can benefit my classroom.  I know teenagers love technology and the more comfortable I am with different technological interfaces the more I can relate to my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment