Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Thing #2 - Creation of My Avatar and Blog

Before Thing #1 I hadn't had any experience writing blogs and only minimal experience with reading blogs. The blog reading I did partake in was very irregular and consisted primarily of looking over the shoulder of my fiance as she perused through our old college friends' blogs. So basically, I know what they are and I know the premise for their writing.

My posting name is "Wes Mc". This still identifies me enough for people with whom I want to share in my blog experience but it leaves a level of anonymity for people I don't know whom just happen to stumble upon my site. The name of my blog is "Mr. M's 23 Things". I thought this was simple and to the point and again makes me semi-anonymous to random viewers.

Creating my blog was a rather easy process. Although it did take a little bit of time to get set up in the system with a new gmail.com account and get acclimated to the blogspot.com template, I thought it was a relatively quick procedure for integration into the blogosphere. I'll put it like this, blogging is definitely something I feel comfortable carrying into the future with me as a learning tool now that I've done it once before.

My avatar was created to look like me and reflect my personality. I wanted to create a real life representation of myself because I don't see any reason to pretend I'm somebody I'm not. My avatar has soccer gear on because coaching soccer is when I'm most in my element. I love coaching and so does my avatar. My avatar is has an almost ridiculous smile because I like to laugh, a lot. I try to find joy in my life and make others laugh in the process. The only problem with the avatar program could find was that I couldn't change the skin color for some reason. I am Caucasian so the stock "white" avatar wasn't a major problem, but I definitely don't suffer from albinism. Needless to say, I probably need to spend a little more time on building my avatar.

No comments:

Post a Comment